Natural stone facade – naturally elegant and practical
If they say that the windows of a house are the eyes of the body, then the facade is the face of the house. How a facade is finished, what materials are used, to what extent they match each other, how durable and practical they are – these are the factors that determine what a house looks like and what impression it makes on those around it.
Natural stone has long been used for finishing facades. It is indeed an area in which mankind has accumulated much experience – both in terms of technology and design.
A house with a natural stone facade is always distinguished, and a solid elegance and refined taste of the owner can be felt immediately. Natural stone makes you feel good in an instance, because it carries a positive energy accumulated over the centuries.
Advantages and disadvantages of using natural stone for design of facades
Facing of facades with natural stone brings the house a lot of advantages.
– Natural stone is environment-friendly, it does not emit any harmful fumes when exposed to high temperatures. Natural stone also possesses bactericidal properties.
– Natural stone is durable and reliable.
– With furnish of facades, stone serves as a magnificent protector element of your house from adverse climatic conditions. In summer, the facade stone becomes a kind of protective screen from sunlight, and protects your house from overheating. In winter, natural stone serves as an additional energy-saving factor.
– Simplicity of processing and installation of natural stone cuts the time necessary for carrying out works on the facade.
– Facing of facades with natural stone ennobles houses and gives each of them an individual, unique look.
Indeed, natural stone has its disadvantages, but they are often more contrived, “invented” by unscrupulous competitors. There are people who argue the case for radioactivity of natural stone, although there is no basis for such assertion.
The main disadvantage of natural stone is its weight. Granite and marble, which are mainly used for coating, are among the heaviest finishing materials, which is a fact that must be taken into account when designing a stone cladding scheme for facades. Do you wish for your facade cladding from natural stone to be light? Choose limestone. It is believed that artificial stone is cheaper than its natural counterpart. But if you compare natural marble, granite or limestone with artificial stone, the price will be comparable, and you will be pleasantly surprised.
Facade cladding with natural stone tiles (use of different types of stone, which stone is better to choose)
Facade stone cladding is traditionally made from marble, granite and limestone. Technologically, natural stone slabs are manufactured in the following sizes: 305×305, 400×400, 600×300 mm, thickness 10-30 mm. On buying plates of natural stone, you should pay attention to the size and quality of the processing plates. Are there differences in size? This means there is some defect there.
In terms of texture, marble, granite or limestone in the form of “wild slabs”, sawn or hewn stone are used for wall cladding with natural stone.